Tuesday 14 February 2012

collage


I have just discovered what fun this can be.  It is also rather engrossing, distracting and takes more concentration than you might expect.  I was keen to recycle some old Christmas catalogues which were lying about the place, but in a constructive way, rather than putting them out in the white canvas-type bag on the street on a Monday morning. If the truth be told, I missed the recycling slot this week, so that added to the reasoning, in some strange way.  Flicking through, there was quite a lot of red in evidence (yes, I know the one shown above is blue, but it was attempt #2), so I cut out lots of little squares and made a patchwork pattern with them.  I was pleased with the result and took some photos of it.  Oh all right then, here is the red one too. 

Funnily enough, it seemed to develop a Valentine's theme all of its own (the little hearts were Christmas decorations originally).  Now I'm off to find some greenness in old magazines, as St Patrick's Day is coming up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment