Tuesday 20 September 2011

post NEOS


I am in recovery phase post NEOS (North East Open Studios).  I opened up my shed - sorry, The Cabin - to the public, as part of this non-profit-making collective of artists and makers etc. in the North East (of Scotland), from 10th - 18th September.  It's the first time I've done anything like it, so was a bit of an experiment.  In the end, just over 40 folk came through the door of the Cabin, quite a number were friends, but quite a few were not.  Everyone was warm and friendly and said nice things about my work; watercolour paintings, photographs and greetings cards.  Hubby and daughter also had photos on exhibit.  All in all, a positive experience.  Next year (?!) I will put up posters locally and try to increase my "footfall".  Sold a few things - photos, rather than paintings, and quite a few cards.  Oh, and got a couple of commissions! Onwards and upwards! 

No comments:

Post a Comment